Claims Service Assistants provide support to Adjusters by providing administrative and data entry support on claim files and handle routine claim matters on workers’ compensation claims at the direction of the Adjuster. This is a fast-paced office and requires someone to be able to multitask, work independently and take initiative. This position is entry level with room to advance. Training is provided and we promote within.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and initiate phone calls on claim related matters.
- Scan and upload claim documents.
- Resolve medical billing inquiries and issues.
- File documents with the OWCP.
- Complete initial file set-up, enter claims and accident information in electronic claim file.
- Establish diaries for VP and adjusters.
- Enter claims comments approved by Adjuster.
- Create and disseminate various claims management information and reports to stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of Management reports
- Run claims reports and arrange claim data for distribution.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or 2 years of equivalent work experience required in an insurance related industry preferred (but not required).
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate analysis/judgment and sound decision making with focus on attention to details
- Strong verbal, written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer literacy, including working robust knowledge of MS Office Product Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Access, etc.